The Student Experience in the Research University (SERU) Consortium
The Student Experience in the Research University (SERU) Consortium is an academic and policy research collaboration between the Center for Studies in Higher Education at the University of California – Berkeley (CSHE) and the Office of Institutional Research at the University of Minnesota; in collaboration with the International Graduate Insight Group Ltd (i-graduate), the Higher School of Economics – Moscow, and member universities.
The SERU Consortium is a group of leading research-intensive universities, policy researchers, and scholars, who collaborate in the following activities:
- The generation of institutional, comparative, and longitudinal data on the student experience in research universities, including administration of on-line census SERU Undergraduate and Graduate Surveys.
- Sharing of best practices and SERU data among member universities under agreed protocols.
- Promoting and supporting the systematic use by Consortium members of data and analysis as tools for policy and scholarly relevant research and institutional self-improvement.
- Development of research collaborations and studies related to the student experience.
- Providing a global network of peer universities with similar challenges as goals.
The SERU Consortium is made up of the following North American member institutions:
To learn more about the SERU Consortium, its Members, etc., please visit the SERU Consortium website.